The Gumbo is adding Senior V events… read more
Sunday, May 21st 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Jefferson Orleans North, Metairie, LA… read more
The Gumbo is cooking and we hope you can smell it, as plans are well underway and we have great news to report on the 2017 USA Dance Gumbo DanceSport Championships. You don't want to miss the fun and the opportunities to dance at this year's Gumbo.
Here are some highlights:
1. Senior V has been added to our lineup of available events for both our amateur couples and teacher/student couples. There should be some really good competition in this age group, so we hope to see all you Senior V's here in Baton Rouge.
2. Thursday evening, June 22nd kicks off the weekend with two exciting happenings, so plan your travel to be here in time to participate in them.
7PM-8PM: Workshop - "Standard Technique for Winners"
- Instructor: Sami Yli-Piipari
- Main Ballroom (available for practice before and
8PM-11PM: West Coast Swing Dance
- Hosted by Swingapalooza's Bryan Jordan
- Practice Room, $10/person, open to the public
3. Take advantage of VIP seating during the Saturday banquet and championships that follow. VIP fee is $25 per seat and space is limited. Sign up for it when you register or purchase your spectator tickets.
4. Workshops offered are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Other workshops being held Saturday daytime are:
- "Mambo on the Two"
Instructors: Damian Pataluna and Irina Morozova
- "West Coast Swing Steps and Technique"
Instructor: Bryan Jordan
5. Come and join us in the Gumbo Hospitality Room where you can sample our delicious gumbo recipes.
Take advantage of the reduced registration fees by signing up by May 19th. It is just around the corner.
We look forward to seeing all of you in June.
Ann, Charlie and the Gumbo Team of Volunteers